To the jenth power ...

I read the books. I watched the show. I unflinchingly wore a sunbonnet to second grade. What started as a childhood obsession has developed into .. well, an adult obsession. I'm going to visit some of the sites depicted in the Little House series of books. Go west, (not-so-) young woman, indeed.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

As I Live And Breathe ...

... because, contrary to all evidence, I do! Good God, I've been MIA for a while.

I'd like to say that I can blame my disappearance on work. Or the pressing concerns of my thrill-a-minute daily life. Or even hard-core athletic training. My all-encompassing preparations for an upcoming Space Shuttle launch. The white-knuckle adventures of my skydiving outing. Something. But ... no. I'm far too pedestrian for any of that. I simply felt overwhelmed. And a little blue.

The irony of it all is that I've got about five drafts ready to go. They've been gathering dust since mid-July. I suppose I ought to thank my lucky stars that I'm not a child-birthing sort of person. I just know I'd gestate for something like 11 months because I'd be so indecisive about how, exactly, labor should proceed. Then I'd be ashamed it was taking me so long, so I'd dither for another few weeks.

In other words, I suck. And I'm the Queen of fits-and-starts. But we all knew that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home