To the jenth power ...

I read the books. I watched the show. I unflinchingly wore a sunbonnet to second grade. What started as a childhood obsession has developed into .. well, an adult obsession. I'm going to visit some of the sites depicted in the Little House series of books. Go west, (not-so-) young woman, indeed.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Another Fond Farewell


Dear Hooch,

I don't believe there was ever a more jumpy, excitable pup. Or one that could disperse fur with more efficiency. Because of you, I've learned to embrace beige carpeting. You were both a dynamo and an endless font of fur bunnies.

But you were also the most loving, the kindest dog I've ever encountered. I'm glad I had you in my life for all these years. Frankly, I pity the people who originally gave you up to the shelter, because they missed the adventure of a lifetime.

I keep listening for the jingle of your collar. The house seems so empty without you. Since I've lost my butter wrapper thief, dinner preparation just hasn't been the same. And, to be honest, I'm sad about that.

We loved you, Hooch. Every minute of every day. And we always will. Thank you for the privilege of being your Ma. I don't know that I deserved you, but I always appreciated you, Hoodaman.

All my love, friend.
Jen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home